Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.finance
Rod Rod is offline

Default current accounts with online banking and NO TIMEOUT?

Jonathan Bryce wrote:
John Stumbles wrote:

The ironic thing in this case is that the banks are quite happy to have
people using their systems from Windows machines, many of which are
undoubtedly crawling with malware (not counting Windows itself ;-) and for
all that the banks' T&Cs pages blather on about how you should be running
antivirus s/w and so on) but here, at home, we're on a Debian Linux
system, patched up to date, behind a (NAT) firewall, with separate user
accounts set to lock (with password to unlock) after a few minutes'
inactivity.

And it is only fairly recently that most banks' websites started working in
anything other than Internet Explorer for Windows.

That might in general be so, I don't know, but I have always used
Firefox (and previously, Mozilla) for the ones I use - HSBC and Alliance
& Leicester. It was a matter of principle to not use IE.

--
Rod

onset.