Posted to uk.d-i-y
Distorted Vision Distorted Vision is offline

Default Surface Moulded Boxes

Hi Tim,

Yes thats exactly whats happening it chips it beyond the hole. I might
try with different pliers but thats why I was thinking of using a tile
nipper instead.

Cheers!

On 5 Feb, 08:48, Tim S wrote:
Distorted Vision coughed up some electrons that declared:

Mine still don't come out too neat. The problem is when I use the
pliers after cutting with a hacksaw it makes a mess of it instead of
leaving a clean straight edge. Maybe a tile scribe and nipper might do
the trick?

Unless you're really unlucky, the pliers should break it off "short", then
you can clean up with a file. I've only found that it over-breaks (chips
the box well beyond the hole area) if you don't use a hacksaw first to
slice the side.

As I mentioned previously, I've found a big (8" ish) square file to be
particulalry quick and effective.

Cheers

Tim