Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default Replacing kitchen floor

Upscale wrote:

I don't agree. Once you go that route, you're locked into the exact
placement of those cabinets. What happens if you want to put in new cabinets
some time in the future? Unlikely they'd be the same size and shape. You'd
be trying to hide areas where you didn't install flooring.

I've never seen a cabinet replacement job that didn't include a new
floor, with the exception of antique wood floors which were going to be
refinished. That's like buying new cabinets and keeping the old counter
tops.

Most folks remodel _kitchens_, not cabinets.

And certainly on a new build, it's much easier to install an entire floor
than to take the time to modify and cut flooring to fit around cabinets
installed before the flooring.

Maybe, maybe not... It depends on the layout, materials, etc...

A large vinyl floor would require a long, straight seam that might end
up in an inopportune place. Fitted around cabinetry, the seams are much
easier to hide.