Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Sink clips

1D10T wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
1D10T wrote:

This it?
http://retrorenovation.com/wp-conten...sink-clips.jpg

Lamentably, no. There is nothing about the *&$%@! sink to which anything
else can clip, hook, grab, infiltrate, tie, or grasp. Your picture has
some well-placed slots into which some maner of clip can grip.

Well, fugg it. It's not like the sonofabitch is gonna levitate itself into
the cosmic ether or miracle itself into the next room!

Last ditch perhaps, but here goes - - - -

Embed the sink in a good bead of silicon, get it squared with the counter
edges and place a cement block or two in the basin(s) and let it sit for a
day or two.
Don't laugh at me - I've done it in a workshop counter three years ago and
it's still hanging in there.

Good 'nothing to lose' workaround, but rather than scratch and bend the
basins with concrete block, I'd cut a scrap of plywood to fit over the
top, resting on the edge flanges, and stack the weights on that. That
will provide more even pressure, straight down on the silicone sealant.
A ring of something like that is how previous owner mounted the vanity
sink in this place, and it held till I had to apply excessive torque
changing out the trap. That was at least ten years.

--
aem sends..