Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Sink clips

on 2/3/2009 6:01 PM (ET) HeyBub wrote the following:
RLM wrote:

On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 17:16:20 -0500, RLM wrote:

On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 10:12:48 -0600, HeyBub wrote:

I'm having a devil of a time finding some method to secure a
stainless kitchen sink.

The periphery contains a U-channel into which I surmise some sort
of clip will fit, securing the sink to the countertop.

Unfortunately, this U-channel is like a Helvetica "U" - that is no
serifs or extensions onto which a clip will secure itself. Whatever
goes in the channel must grip the sink by expanding itself (I
guess) because there's no stop on the channel to keep the anchor
from falling out.

If you know of the proper anchor, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Else I'll just have to nail the sucker down...

The sink is supposed to have an aluminum frame around it between the
counter and sink.
The clips that hold the frame in look like these. The clips are of
different shapes to adjust for the counter top thickness.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000DZD7RK/...0&linkCode=asn

The frame looks like this. The frames come in all sizes.The frame
overlap the sink edge and the counter-top with a sealing agent under
the frame. The frame cross section is the shape of a "T" with a hook
edge at the bottom of the "T". The clip hooks on this hooked edge of
the "T".
http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...ductId=1279031

Hope this makes sense. If not ask and I will try to make it clearer.
I couldn't find a better example.

This example shows adjustable clips for the frame.
http://www.acehardware.com/family/in...goryId=2631417

Thanks, but all your example involve some sort of "J" bracket that hooks on
to something. In my case there is nothing to hook onto!

There is a "U" frame circling the sink, but it has no lips (kinda like I
felt after dating a University of Texas Longhorn Band French Horn player) to
hook onto.

I'm a goner.

I can't imagine any type of clamp that would work with what you have
described. Perhaps that sink missed a step in manufacturing and got
though inspection? Maybe that's why it was on clearance. How about a
bead of epoxy putty under the sink rim?.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY