Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Sink clips

HeyBub wrote:
I'm having a devil of a time finding some method to secure a stainless
kitchen sink.

The periphery contains a U-channel into which I surmise some sort of
clip will fit, securing the sink to the countertop.

Unfortunately, this U-channel is like a Helvetica "U" - that is no
serifs or extensions onto which a clip will secure itself. Whatever
goes in the channel must grip the sink by expanding itself (I guess)
because there's no stop on the channel to keep the anchor from
falling out.

You 100% sure about that Bub? All the channels I have ever seen have a
ridge in them or are shaped so that the clip will catch when it is
tightened. That ridge or shape may be almost indiscernible but I'm betting
it is there.
__________

If you know of the proper anchor, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

If you know the manufacturer of the sink they would have it. That's the
best bet as the clips vary in size and design with manufacturer. If you
don't, Home Depot, Ace, etc. have generic clips. I'm sure plumbing supply
stores do too. Some different styles...
http://www.doityourself.com/icat/sinkclip

One thing about the generics...not long ago I was putting in a used SS sink
in my shop and had to get clips at HD. Well, they were really too short for
3/4 ply so I had to bevel the bottom edges of the opening so they would bear
on the wood. They were like these from Ace but the tab was fixed rather
than sliding. Wish I'd seen them, I wouldn't have had to bevel.
http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com...37.html?ref=42

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...