Posted to alt.home.repair

Default High water power cut off?

JIMMIE wrote in
:

On Feb 2, 5:03*am, Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:
I've done some Google searching, checked the archives of this group
for relavent recent discussion, and have thus far come up with
nothing useful

.

We have a water softener and dehumidifier that drain in to the sump
pump.

*
The sump pump output pipe froze, causing the discharge from the
softener regeneration to back up into the basement. *I'm looking for
a high wate

alarm that can cut the power to these devices in case something
happens again.

Does anyone know of such a thing?

Puckdropper
--
On Usenet, no one can hear you laugh. *That's a good thing, though,
as

some
writers are incorrigible.

You may already have everything you need if your basement is GFCI
protected. The only issue is to place a sensor at ground level to
detect flooding.

Jimmie

I'd better check that... I don't think the outlet in there is GFCI, but
maybe it's on a GFCI breaker.

Puckdropper