Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Sink clips

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 13:46:07 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Don Phillipson wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

. . . Else I'll just have to nail the sucker down...

The proper clips have a screw in them that tightens against the
counter top. If you cannot find them glue it with silicone adhesive.
WW

Thanks, but that's not the issue.

The problem is attaching the clips to the SINK.

What did the vendor of the sink tell you?

Nothing. Bought on clearance sale a dozen or more years ago. Sink is okay, I
replaced the counter. In its immediately preceding life, the sink wasn't
anchored at all, depending, I suppose, on gravity - or goodwill - to keep it
in place.

Gravity is still working, but global warming makes its long time
future dubious.

This arrangement allowed some small amount of moisture to infiltrate the
particle-board substrate with predictable results - hence the rebuild.

Now, I'm trying to do the job right and am flummoxed over holding the sink
down. Fooey!

Go look at your friends' sinks, or better yet, sinks on display
whereever you bought the sink.

My kitchen sink was simply attached, though I don't remember how.