Posted to alt.home.repair
RLM RLM is offline

Default Sink clips

On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 10:12:48 -0600, HeyBub wrote:

I'm having a devil of a time finding some method to secure a stainless
kitchen sink.

The periphery contains a U-channel into which I surmise some sort of clip
will fit, securing the sink to the countertop.

Unfortunately, this U-channel is like a Helvetica "U" - that is no serifs or
extensions onto which a clip will secure itself. Whatever goes in the
channel must grip the sink by expanding itself (I guess) because there's no
stop on the channel to keep the anchor from falling out.

If you know of the proper anchor, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Else I'll just have to nail the sucker down...

The sink is supposed to have an aluminum frame around it between the
counter and sink.
The clips that hold the frame in look like these. The clips are of
different shapes to adjust for the counter top thickness.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000DZD7RK/...0&linkCode=asn

The frame looks like this. The frames come in all sizes.The frame overlap
the sink edge and the counter-top with a sealing agent under the frame. The
frame cross section is the shape of a "T" with a hook edge at the bottom
of the "T". The clip hooks on this hooked edge of the "T".
http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...ductId=1279031

Hope this makes sense. If not ask and I will try to make it clearer.
I couldn't find a better example.