Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default BUY USA clause in bailout package violates NAFTA

On Feb 3, 5:32*pm, Steve Turner wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
The wind seldom blows on one man's igloo alone. ( The first in a
series of eskimo sounding logic. Brace yourself for more as I make
them up.)

I just wish the damn media would stop milking these crisis. The 'Sky
Is Falling' is making things worse. People are hoarding their money. I
stopped by the Chev/Caddy dealer yesterday before going to Toronto.
His lot is jammed solid with cars. Jammed solid. ONE salesman on the
floor. The rest couldn't get out of bed...no customers. People are
fixing instead of trading and if a new car is sold, it's in the 15K
range..no money in deals like that.
Then, on the way back from Toronto, I saw this Volvo Truck parking lot
(you can see it from the 401) also, jammed full of new trucks. Again,
fixing not trading. And yet, the Suzuki car plant delivery lot was
sparsely filled a few thousand vehicles only. Could be they're not
making many, or they are selling lots.

People tend to learn in times like this. Those of us who remember
getting the financial **** kicked out of us back in the early '80's
are doing okay.
With financing, a $23K car ends up costing $40K and the end value when
the loan is paid will be $6K. Where is the common sense in that?

To see some idiot getting a bail-out while Ang & I work hard to keep
our financial house in order ****es me off to no end.

What happened to the rest of the Eskimo logic you promised us? *:-)

--
See Nad. *See Nad go. *Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/

I will be spreading those out over other posts. Never more than one
per post. No exceptions. *smirk*