Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dishwashers ...

In article ,
writes:
I have come across a type that were a different style entirely.
Crockery was stacked in trays designed to fit the washer and depending
on the shape and size of the items there could be a couple or more
trays on top of each other. The bottom of the washer would be at
normal countertop height so no stooping to load. The casing then
lowers from above to surround the trays and wash commences.
The operation was stacks of trays on one side, a stack was slid into
place on the washer ,casing lowered wash cycle done tray of clean
crocks slid out other side to dry then store.
very fast cycles but using very hot water from an external source.

The one in my university hall was a bit like that, and we used
to use it when we ran discos to keep washing up the glasses.
It was a continuous process though, with a line of trays being
drawn through on a slow moving belt.

--
Andrew Gabriel