Doug Winterburn

Default Is there a way to filter....

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 23:18:45 +0000, Bill Thomas wrote:

It does not work on my PC. I have configured according
the instructions in the postings of this newsgroup.
The problem may relate to the use of a proxy server,
which nfilter should not use and which I have to
tell Mozilla to not use to access the news server.
Does a way exist to determine if nfilter uses the
proxy server? Does a way exist to tell it not to
use the proxy server? Does this matter or should I
look elsewhere for a solution?

nfilter is a proxy server. Your news client should be configured to
talk to nfilter rather than your nntp server. The host name for nfilter
on your machine is localhost or 127.0.0.1. nfilter should then be
configured to talk directly to your real nntp server.

If you currently have Mozilla configured to talk directly to your news
server, there should be no problems in using nfilter if you follow the
configuration instructions on the nfilter site.

-Doug