Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave in Houston[_2_] Dave in Houston[_2_] is offline

Default Replacing kitchen floor

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
PDQ wrote:

If they cannot be moved and replaced without undue effort the
"cabinetmaker" was not doing the job right.

Are you kidding?

Exactly. Almost w/o exception, the site-built cabinets I've run across
are not individual boxes. Rather, they are frames and side panels attached
to 1x6s on the rear wall which end up supporting the rear of the counter
top. The kitchen drywall becomes the cabinet back.
How do you raise those with major disassembly?
Our answer was usually that we didn't. And, we've laid tile up to the
toe-kicks on base cabinets and cannot remember a single time that the [new]
dishwasher wouldn't go in. The refrigerator space got tile like the rest of
the floor.

Dave in Houston