Clint Neufeld

Default Is there a way to filter....

It SAYS it works with Netscape and Agent. Doesn't say anything about other
news apps, except to say it won't work with AOL.

I would suspect (based on what I know of how it works, which may well be
flawed) that it will work fine with any news application that does a
standard NNTP download. It acts as a proxy news server between your app and
your ISP's news server. Basically, you configure nfilter to look to your
news server, and your news app to point to "localhost" (net-geek for "my
machine"). Simple as that! Then stick in the nfilters that David has been
sending out, and you're good to go.

Clint

"Bill Thomas" wrote in message
Does nfilter work with Mozilla, another web browser and
and news and mail reader.

Clint Neufeld wrote:
As David has posted repeatedly, set up nfilter. It can filter for any
number of crosspostings. For example:
* drop xref:*:*:*:*This filter will drop any posts with three or more
newsgroups in the XRef line.

It works with OE.

Clint

"Young Carpenter" wrote in message

Is there a way to filter Crossposting using (ahem) OE I don't

Necessarily
want to block those NG directly.
Oh yeah how about Wild Cards I seem to be doing something wrong It would
help If I could Wildcard Block via some of the E-mail Address (I mean
@Cumsuck is pretty obvious)
--
Young Carpenter

plenty of practice, and you usually make way more noise than intended"

{Put the fiddler back "on" the roof to reply}