Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default eBay prices tanked

On Feb 3, 10:00*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 07:22:06 -0600, nick hull wrote:
In article ,
cavelamb wrote:

Good rant, Gunner, but it's not the Commie army I'm worried about
so much as out own...

Not much difference as long as the army follows a politician instead of
the Constitution ;(

Indeed.
* * Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution
* * Published: Jan 29, 2009
* * Author: Michele Chang
* * Post Date: 2009-01-29 10:38:14

* * Defense Robert Gates is extremely frustrated with orders that the
White House is contemplating. According to sources at the Pentagon,
including all branches of the armed forces, the Obama Administration may
break with a centuries-old tradition.

* * A spokesman for General James Cartwright, the Vice Chairman of the
Joint Chiefs of Staff, states that the Obama Administration wants to
have soldiers and officers pledge a loyalty oath directly to the office
of the President, and no longer to the Constitution.

* * "The oath to the Constitution is as old as the document itself." the
spokesman said, "At no time in American history, not even in the Civil
War, did the oath change or the subject of the oath differ. It has
always been to the Constitution."

* * The back-and-forth between the White House and the Defense
Department was expected as President George W. Bush left office.
President Obama has already signed orders to close Guantanamo and to
pull combat troops from Iraq. But, this, say many at the Defense
Department, goes to far.

* * "Technically, we can't talk about it before it becomes official
policy." the spokesman continued. "However, the Defense Department,
including the Secretary, will not take this laying down. Expect a fight
from the bureaucracy and the brass."

* * Sources at the White House had a different point of view. In a
circular distributed by White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs, the
rationale for the change was made more clear.
* * "The President feels that the military has been too indoctrinated by
the old harbingers of hate: nationalism, racism, and classism. By
removing an oath to the American society, the soldiers are less likely
to commit atrocities like those at Abu Ghraib."

* * "We expect a lot of flak over this," ! the clas sified memo
continues. "But those that would be most against it are those looking
either for attention or control."

* * The time frame for the changes are unknown. However, it is more
likely that the changes will be made around the July 4th holiday, in
order to dampen any potential backlash. The difference in the oath will
actually only be slight. The main differences will be the new phrasing.
It is expected that the oath to the Constitution will be entirely phased
out within two years. "

Frankly I think this is bogus, but...it never hurts to look into it.

"Not so old as to need virgins to excite him,
*nor old enough to have the patience to teach one."

LOL...how do you conservatives get any sleep when something *might* be
under the bed?

You lost...get over it and start helping us rebuild the America that
you have damaged.

TMT