Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default eBay prices tanked

On Feb 3, 12:36*am, Wes wrote:
"Wild_Bill" wrote:
Some of your points may be valid, Ig, but I see this same situation every
year. Extra holiday gift cash has been spent, heating bills are peaking, and
yesterday was a superbowl game (major distraction to some folks), so I
believe other factors are involved (generally always).

I've bought things on Christmas night that went way cheap. *I like to check Ebay for
bargains on holidays when people might be busy doing other things.

The current economy has to have an effect on prices as Iggy said. *

We may have sellers that didn't want to sell but need the money. *Buyers in fear of their
jobs don't want to spend much on things they don't really need. *Ebay is filled with
things we want but don't actually need

Then there is a really twisted situation in my life, after laying off 1/3 of the plant we
are all working OT to make shipping schedules so in this down time, I'm a bit more flush
and able to buy. *I doubt that one is happening for most.

I think that Wild_Bill and Iggy are both right. *Like the market right now, it is a buyers
opportunity on Ebay.

Wes

I agree...it is a buyer's market.

Too_Many_Tools has been busy buying many more tools at very good
prices.

Unfortunately the selection available is small...Ebay is not what it
used to be.

TMT