Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default eBay prices tanked

"Wild_Bill" wrote:

Some of your points may be valid, Ig, but I see this same situation every
year. Extra holiday gift cash has been spent, heating bills are peaking, and
yesterday was a superbowl game (major distraction to some folks), so I
believe other factors are involved (generally always).

I've bought things on Christmas night that went way cheap. I like to check Ebay for
bargains on holidays when people might be busy doing other things.

The current economy has to have an effect on prices as Iggy said.

We may have sellers that didn't want to sell but need the money. Buyers in fear of their
jobs don't want to spend much on things they don't really need. Ebay is filled with
things we want but don't actually need

Then there is a really twisted situation in my life, after laying off 1/3 of the plant we
are all working OT to make shipping schedules so in this down time, I'm a bit more flush
and able to buy. I doubt that one is happening for most.

I think that Wild_Bill and Iggy are both right. Like the market right now, it is a buyers
opportunity on Ebay.

Wes