Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Need step pulley source + update.

Don Young wrote:
"Todd Rich" wrote in message
My google-fu is failing me. I've found lots of pulleys online, but
most of them have been single belt, or non-stepped double belt, or
3&4-stepped pulleys. I need a 2 step pulley with a 5/8" bore with
keyway, and a 5 3/4" OD on one step, and a 2 3/8" dia. on the second
step. For 1/2" V-belts. I do plan on checking with the maintenance
guy at work, and calling around to some bearing & belts places
locally, but online would be nice.

major snippage

Actually all the pulleys are in rough shape: nicked, dented, etc. I'd
like to replace them all. But they are functional enough for
now that I'll wait a few weeks. The bearings and shafts actully
look to be in decent shape.

Anyway, thanks for the help and thanks for putting up with this
rambling missive.
Todd

I don't think generic two step pulleys are a stock item anywhere.
There does not seem to be any standards even in the 3 and 4 step cone
pulleys. You just take whatever the manufacturer has decided to make.

Don Young

Logan Actuator , at www.lathe.com has a two step pulley similar to what
you're looking for . As this is a rather low-demand item , it's not cheap .
Since I'm a cheapskate , I bought a chunk of 6061-T6 and machined one .
The groove specs are available online . If you have to pay for shop time ,
it'd be cheaper to buy one from Scott Logan .
--
Snag
every answer