Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Self Charlie Self is offline

Default BUY USA clause in bailout package violates NAFTA

On Feb 1, 10:17*am, "Swingman" wrote:
"Morris Dovey" wrote

I cut up all my credit cards more than 30 years ago and did without a lot
of instant gratification - and struggled through some pretty thin times
with what I had. There isn't much I can say without offending a lot of
people - so I won't.

Au contraire ... if meekly accepting 18 - 30% interest on credit card debt,
in itself a clear manifestation of rampant ignorance/stupidity, is not
offensive, it's rather doubtful your words can be.

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

We haven't cut ours up. The repose in a drawer in case of emergency
need. Every once in a bit, we charge something, and pay it off when
the bill arrives...I often use them for gas purchases now that drive-
aways are such a PITA. Most places today demand payment inside before
pumping, or a credit card. I save the walk and use the card. We very
seldom use more than $150 worth of gas a month. Actually, we very
seldom use more than $100 worth a month, UNLESS MobilExxon ow whatever
its name is this week decides to up prices.

They're handy on trips, too, as a source of emergency funds if nothing
else.

Getting my job yanked out from under me a few years ago taught me
something about credit, as well as about Woodcraft.