Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
mcgyver mcgyver is offline

Default Cedar chair armrest attachement need help

End grain to crossgrain will virtually make the waterproof glue useless,
Need a better mecahnical system than pocket screws and i would prefer not to
use any screws in this project. thanks for the suggestion though.
"Jim Hall" wrote in message
. ..
Pocket screws and waterproof glue

"mcgyver" wrote in message
Building 6 of these chairs out of red cedar. 22 m&t joints in each. I'm
having trouble deciding on thype of joint for the attachement of the
armrest to the angled back leg. The armrest will have a notch in it that
corresponds to the 2x2 size of the back leg. I would like to avoid
screwing through the back of the leg and thought of another m&t
joint...... Any suggestions? sorry for the roughness of the picture