Posted to rec.woodworking

Default BUY USA clause in bailout package violates NAFTA

On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 10:42:22 -0500, "PDQ" wrote:

Hey Swing.

Not to rain on your parade but ---
I really do not care how much interest the thieves charge.
I still use my credit cards daily and
I get to use their money for 30 days
while mine gets 30 days of interest (all be it mighty small in comparison)

I Pay Them All Off when billed.

I have done so for years (about 30 of them) as that was when I figured out how they went about charging interest.

P D Q

Thirty days of interest? How could you have any interest payment if
you pay when billed? I've used credit cards for over 30 years, never
had an interest charge. I have Visa and Discover. With Discover, I
get "cash back." The problem with credit cards is most people buy
more stuff than with using cash, I guess it is the spontaneous
purchase syndrome. Most people, including the government, buy with
money they do not currently have.