Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Todd Rich Todd Rich is offline

Default Need step pulley source + update.

Ecnerwal wrote:
In article ,
Todd Rich wrote:

My google-fu is failing me. I've found lots of pulleys online, but most
of them have been single belt, or non-stepped double belt, or 3&4-stepped
pulleys. I need a 2 step pulley with a 5/8" bore with keyway, and a 5
3/4" OD on one step, and a 2 3/8" dia. on the second step. For 1/2"
V-belts. I do plan on checking with the maintenance guy at work, and
calling around to some bearing & belts places locally, but online would be
nice.

There's always "chuck some stock in a lathe and make one." I'd guess
that's what a supplier may have to do if you are going to buy one -
that's a rather drastic step between the sizes.

If you have enough shaft length, butt two single pulleys together,
perhaps modifying them slightly (face off any hub on the mating sides)
on a lathe first. If you don't have enough shaft for both to grub-screw
onto the key, pin them together.

The glitch in this is no lathe. Sorry.

Though I will follow up on the 2 seperate pulley option, and see if there
is somethign I can do.