Lawrence A. Ramsey

Default Router Question

I vbought a Micro-Router for $100 and realized what I had been missing
with my router!! This thing is awesome!!!! It is SO precise that I
almost hate to use it.

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 14:30:52 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

I am not very familiar with the DeWalt bur have owned the Bosch 11617evs a
little over 5 years now. More than anything I appreciate the micro-adjust
depth adjustment on the Bosch. I bought this router to cut dovetails and
the micro adjust makes fine tuning the bit depth quick and accurate. I also
absolutely prefer a router that used 2 wrenches to loosen and tighten a
router bit. After having both styles on numerous routers, its 2 wrenches
for me.

wrote in message
Ok, so now I am getting down to the nitty-gritty. It is now such a close
call that I may just end up flipping a coin.

I have narrowed down my choices to two options. Both are the exact same
price ($240) and both are 2.25HP routers with fixed & plunge bases and a
carrying case.

They are the DeWalt #DW618PK and the Bosch #1617EVSPK (which also includes
an edge guide.

So what's the word fellas? The DeWalt, the Bosch, or the coin toss?