Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Kevin Miller[_2_] Kevin Miller[_2_] is offline

Default Cedar chair armrest attachement need help

mcgyver wrote:
Building 6 of these chairs out of red cedar. 22 m&t joints in each. I'm
having trouble deciding on thype of joint for the attachement of the armrest
to the angled back leg. The armrest will have a notch in it that corresponds
to the 2x2 size of the back leg. I would like to avoid screwing through the
back of the leg and thought of another m&t joint...... Any suggestions?
sorry for the roughness of the picture

What about a half-lap?

....Keivn
--