Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
jloomis jloomis is offline

Default Cedar chair armrest attachement need help

Start with a pilot hole. Also I sometimes make my own jig by pre-drill a
block of wood and then sawing it off to match the angle. then attach some
small door skin guides to either side and clamp it to the chair. Use the
handmade guide for the larger bit and if you want use one for the smaller
bit.
jloomis
"mcgyver" wrote in message
Drilling into endgrain without wander has me concerned about the best
technique.....
"jloomis" wrote in message
oak dowel? (glued)
jloomis
"mcgyver" wrote in message
Building 6 of these chairs out of red cedar. 22 m&t joints in each. I'm
having trouble deciding on thype of joint for the attachement of the
armrest to the angled back leg. The armrest will have a notch in it that
corresponds to the 2x2 size of the back leg. I would like to avoid
screwing through the back of the leg and thought of another m&t
joint...... Any suggestions? sorry for the roughness of the picture