Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Unbranded valves/tubes

Meat Plow wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 20:45:38 -0000, "N_Cook" wrote:

Meat Plow wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 17:02:02 -0000, "N_Cook" wrote:

Heinz Schmitz wrote in message
.. .
N_Cook wrote:

Where would they have come from ? some batch of other double

tetrodes
and
markings removed ? all Chinese script so scrubbed off ?

Rumors say, that some tubes from me-too-ers have been remarked
to appear as from a high-quality producer.

4 presumably ECC83 in a Laney (not originals) all test bad C/H

leakage
and
bad/ low or marginally good gain.

To be certain, you have to eliminate the "presumably"
(by measurement?).

Not a trace of any marking , as low power
valves, presumably no marking originally. They look like any other

ECC83,
no
bad cut metal/ broken mica or any other indication of bad

manufacture.

Some ink seems to soften over time, so that even touching/handling
rubs the marking off.

Regards,
H.

measured on avo tester with settings as ECC83.
just tried looping ptfe tape around the envelopes and fingernail

pressure
but not the slightest lettering appeared.
All the valves have an unusual cloudy appearance within the glass

where
the
leads go through, so presumably all the same batch/make despite

different
impressed letter/numbers in the flat base glass sections of the

valves.
No
Mullard type tiny code numbers on the envelopes.

Back to your question, do you need help with identifying tube holes? I
have the PDF for that amp. I actually have the whole amp too. Came to
me with burned AOT. Replaced with a Fender Bassman OEM I had stocked.
It's one of my fav Brit sounding amps.

Is your valid email

without the intrusions?

Yes . I use TMDA (the mail delivery agent) so you
will get a confirmation email to respond to before I get yours. The
reason being is spammers don't reply to confirmations and I can safely
post my address in public.

I just got a rude bounce

"host mx2.netbasix.net[74.211.131.251] said: 550 5.0.0
Veryfast.biz-pedoChuck's mail not wanted here (in reply to MAIL FROM
command)"