Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Unbranded valves/tubes

Where would they have come from ? some batch of other double tetrodes and
markings removed ? all Chinese script so scrubbed off ?
4 presumably ECC83 in a Laney (not originals) all test bad C/H leakage and
bad/ low or marginally good gain. Not a trace of any marking , as low power
valves, presumably no marking originally. They look like any other ECC83, no
bad cut metal/ broken mica or any other indication of bad manufacture.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 15:51:45 -0500, Meat Plow wrote:
On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 14:08:35 -0000, "N_Cook" wrote:

Where would they have come from ? some batch of other double tetrodes and
markings removed ? all Chinese script so scrubbed off ?
4 presumably ECC83 in a Laney (not originals) all test bad C/H leakage and
bad/ low or marginally good gain. Not a trace of any marking , as low power
valves, presumably no marking originally. They look like any other ECC83, no
bad cut metal/ broken mica or any other indication of bad manufacture.

I would say the ink faded away. I have a lot of pulls with little or
no ink.

I once knew a number of ways to 'raise' the lettering in those cases.
Thanks to the ravages of time and the apparent death of important brain
cells, I only remember one:

Cool the tube and fog the surface with your breath.

Others will be along soon to elaborate on their techniques.

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 15:51:45 -0500, Meat Plow wrote:

I would say the ink faded away. I have a lot of pulls with little or
no ink.

I have just carried out an inventory of my old (new) valve stock ex on-the-road
service engineer. Quite a lot of them have no - partly visible lettering. I
suspect this was due to our practive of removing them from their individual
wrapping and carrying them in the vehicle in compartmented cardboard boxes.

--
Geo
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"N_Cook" wrote in message
Where would they have come from ? some batch of other double tetrodes and
markings removed ? all Chinese script so scrubbed off ?
4 presumably ECC83 in a Laney (not originals) all test bad C/H leakage and
bad/ low or marginally good gain. Not a trace of any marking , as low
power
valves, presumably no marking originally. They look like any other ECC83,
no
bad cut metal/ broken mica or any other indication of bad manufacture.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

ECC's are double triodes, not tetrodes.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

N_Cook wrote:

Where would they have come from ? some batch of other double tetrodes and
markings removed ? all Chinese script so scrubbed off ?

Rumors say, that some tubes from me-too-ers have been remarked
to appear as from a high-quality producer.

4 presumably ECC83 in a Laney (not originals) all test bad C/H leakage and
bad/ low or marginally good gain.

To be certain, you have to eliminate the "presumably"
(by measurement?).

Not a trace of any marking , as low power
valves, presumably no marking originally. They look like any other ECC83, no
bad cut metal/ broken mica or any other indication of bad manufacture.

Some ink seems to soften over time, so that even touching/handling
rubs the marking off.

Regards,
H.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Heinz Schmitz wrote in message
N_Cook wrote:

Where would they have come from ? some batch of other double tetrodes and
markings removed ? all Chinese script so scrubbed off ?

Rumors say, that some tubes from me-too-ers have been remarked
to appear as from a high-quality producer.

4 presumably ECC83 in a Laney (not originals) all test bad C/H leakage

and
bad/ low or marginally good gain.

To be certain, you have to eliminate the "presumably"
(by measurement?).

Not a trace of any marking , as low power
valves, presumably no marking originally. They look like any other ECC83,

no
bad cut metal/ broken mica or any other indication of bad manufacture.

Some ink seems to soften over time, so that even touching/handling
rubs the marking off.

Regards,
H.

measured on avo tester with settings as ECC83.
just tried looping ptfe tape around the envelopes and fingernail pressure
but not the slightest lettering appeared.
All the valves have an unusual cloudy appearance within the glass where the
leads go through, so presumably all the same batch/make despite different
impressed letter/numbers in the flat base glass sections of the valves. No
Mullard type tiny code numbers on the envelopes.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Meat Plow wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 17:02:02 -0000, "N_Cook" wrote:

Heinz Schmitz wrote in message
.. .
N_Cook wrote:

[...]

Back to your question, do you need help with identifying tube holes? I
have the PDF for that amp. I actually have the whole amp too. Came to
me with burned AOT. Replaced with a Fender Bassman OEM I had stocked.
It's one of my fav Brit sounding amps.

Is your valid email

without the intrusions?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Meat Plow wrote in message

N_Cook wrote:

[...]

Yes . I use TMDA (the mail delivery agent) so you
will get a confirmation email to respond to before I get yours. The
reason being is spammers don't reply to confirmations and I can safely
post my address in public.

I just got a rude bounce

"host mx2.netbasix.net[74.211.131.251] said: 550 5.0.0
Veryfast.biz-pedoChuck's mail not wanted here (in reply to MAIL FROM
command)"

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Arfa Daily wrote:

"N_Cook" wrote in message

Where would they have come from ? some batch of other double tetrodes and
markings removed ? all Chinese script so scrubbed off ?
4 presumably ECC83 in a Laney (not originals) all test bad C/H leakage and
bad/ low or marginally good gain. Not a trace of any marking , as low
power valves, presumably no marking originally. They look like any other

ECC83,
no bad cut metal/ broken mica or any other indication of bad manufacture.

ECC's are double triodes, not tetrodes.

Don't forget this is an N_Cook post !

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Heinz Schmitz wrote:

N_Cook wrote:

Where would they have come from ? some batch of other double tetrodes and
markings removed ? all Chinese script so scrubbed off ?

Rumors say, that some tubes from me-too-ers have been remarked
to appear as from a high-quality producer.

4 presumably ECC83 in a Laney (not originals) all test bad C/H leakage and
bad/ low or marginally good gain.

If they have bad leakage, where they came from is irrelevant, other than avoiding
buying the same.

To be certain, you have to eliminate the "presumably"

Very likely ECC83 it has to be said.

(by measurement?).

If they're stuffed, measurement won't help.

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Meat Plow wrote:

I will mail you, that will confirm your address hopefully. Then email
me your non public address and I will add that. I also need to give
the host your IP block or domain to unblock the host at the server
level. I expressed my distaste in the rude bounce you got.

He's using the free motzarella server so presumably from here

Pinging motzarella.org [85.214.105.209] with 32 bytes of data:

Which resolves here.

inetnum: 85.214.16.0 - 85.214.139.255
netname: STRATO-RZG-DED2
descr: Strato Rechenzentrum, Berlin
country: DE
admin-c: CM265-RIPE
tech-c: XX1-RIPE
tech-c: WB14-RIPE
status: ASSIGNED PA
remarks: ************************************************** *
remarks: * Abuse Contact: in case of Spam, *
remarks: * Hack Attacks, Illegal Activity, Violation, etc. *
remarks: ************************************************** *
mnt-by: STRATO-RZG-MNT
source: RIPE # Filtered
person: Christian Mueller
address: Cronon AG
address: Pascalstrasse 10
address: D-10587 Berlin
address: Germany
phone: +49 30 398020
fax-no: +49 30 39802222
abuse-mailbox:

nic-hdl: CM265-RIPE
remarks: see also: XX1-RIPE CM5081-NSI CM1-ABC SOUL-RIPE
mnt-by: CRONON-MNT
source: RIPE # Filtered
person: Christian Xaver Mueller
address: Cronon AG
address: Pascalstrasse 10
address: D-10587 Berlin
address: Germany
phone: +49 30 398020
fax-no: +49 30 39 802-222
abuse-mailbox:

nic-hdl: XX1-RIPE
remarks: see also: CM265-RIPE SOUL-RIPE
mnt-by: CRONON-MNT
source: RIPE # Filtered
person: Wilhelm Boeddinghaus
address: Strato Rechenzentrum GmbH
address: Pascalstrasse 10
address: D-10587 Berlin
address: Germany
phone: +49 30 39802-0
fax-no: +49 30 39802-222
nic-hdl: WB14-RIPE
remarks: see also INTERNIC: WB131
mnt-by: CRONON-MNT
source: RIPE # Filtered
% Information related to '85.214.0.0/16AS6724'
route: 85.214.0.0/16
descr: Strato Rechenzentrum
origin: AS6724
mnt-by: STRATO-RZG-MNT
source: RIPE # Filtered

Unfortunately if you put "Christian Muller" and P(a)edophile into a Google
search it returns a number of results.

E.g.
http://groups.google.com.py/group/ne...5c9c1fed2394d5

Doubtless innocent enough but might explain the auto-reject.

Graham