Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default OT Boy taken away from grandparents, given to gay men for adoption

Ed Edelenbos wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Ed Edelenbos wrote:
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

The problem is the taking away from grandparents. If this is a
true
story, it is really sad and the "too old" does not cut it.
Courts
should not even be involved in a family matter.

Hmmm... like when the parents are neglectful (like drug addicts
or
drunks), or abusive (physical, psychological, or sexual). Or when
there is an abusive spouse, or relative... or spousal abuse, or
when
the parents or next of kin are physically unable to care for the
child(ren).

In a world where these things don't exist, or in a world where
other
parts of society would take up the slack, maybe we wouldn't need
the
courts to intervene. Please get back to me when we get to that
world.

When social workers come calling and keep notes on things like
"crumbs on the table" the pendulum has swung too far.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

And when the police come and unchain a kid from the bed or let them
out of a closet or dog cage or when it goes so far they bring in the
medical examiner to remove the body, how far has it swung?

Was this kid changed to a bed or kept in a closet or dog cage?

Your argument is essentially along the lines of "the Gulag is OK
because some of the people in it are criminals".

I don't think anyone here is close enough to this case or has enough
information to make an informed judgment. Besides, what the hell
does it have to do with woodworking? It seems to me, like it
belongs
in the rec.insecure.in.my.sexuality newsgroup.

It's in the same category as the case in NY where kids were taken from
their grandparents after their parents died because the kids were
overweight.

Ed