Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default OT Boy taken away from grandparents, given to gay men for adoption

Ed Edelenbos wrote:
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

The problem is the taking away from grandparents. If this is a
true
story, it is really sad and the "too old" does not cut it. Courts
should not even be involved in a family matter.

Hmmm... like when the parents are neglectful (like drug addicts or
drunks), or abusive (physical, psychological, or sexual). Or when
there is an abusive spouse, or relative... or spousal abuse, or
when
the parents or next of kin are physically unable to care for the
child(ren).

In a world where these things don't exist, or in a world where other
parts of society would take up the slack, maybe we wouldn't need the
courts to intervene. Please get back to me when we get to that
world.

When social workers come calling and keep notes on things like "crumbs
on the table" the pendulum has swung too far.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)