Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] spamTHISbrp@yahoo.com is offline

Default Building a generator

On Jan 30, 4:23*pm, stryped wrote:
On Jan 30, 1:57*pm, wrote:

On Jan 30, 2:22*pm, stryped wrote:

Had a really bad ice storm. I would realy like to have a generator for
future use. WOuld there be a good way to somehow use this with the pto
of my 8n tractor?http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=45416

Tough part, I think, would be holding a steady 3600RPM.

Dave

I wonder if somehow making a temporary mounting plate in the engine
compartment would be better? SO, in power outages I could mount the
head and run it off the tractor. Will a generator head be hard on the
tractor? Obviosuly it is old. (I think a 1948). But would only use the
generator once or twice a year.

The tractor sits outside. The engine is wrapped in a tarp.

Would i need some type of 12volt clutch puly on the generator head?

10000 watts is only what, 13 horsepower, figure efficiency is low so
how about 25 horsepower?

But still, if you're running anything other than incandescent light
bulbs you have to hold it at 3600rpm (generator speed) or you won't
get 60HZ.

Dave