Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Safety glasses w bifocals

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 13:21:16 -0700, Joe Pfeiffer
wrote:

Leon Fisk writes:

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 22:39:09 -0700, Joe Pfeiffer
wrote:

So now I'll send a question back: I've got a pair of reading glasses
with lenses that are 1/2 inch high (I just measured) and have a metal
tube carrying case, which I bought at Sears. They're obviously
unuseable in the shop, and not as nice as larger lenses in my
office -- but I can put 'em in my pocket and have them available at
meetings. Sears has stopped selling non-prescription readers, and I
haven't found another source. Anybody know of some place I can find
these?

I have seen two versions of these at my local Meijer store.
One comes in a tube as you described and the other one was
similar, compact package, but not a tube. If you want I'll
take a look at them next week and see if I can get an
address and/or website info for you. It would be next
Friday, only go out once a week nowadays ;-)

I'd appreciate that, thanks.

Hi Joe,

I suspect the glasses are all the same, just different
cases. The round version is about 1 inch in diameter and
5-5/8 inch long. Looks like a really fat pen/marker. I'm
pretty sure the case is plastic. Has a pocket clip too. The
round version is $14.99 - Model RF154A-150 (+1.50)

Next is an octagon (sorta, that's what they call it)
version. Same length but more rectangular in nature. Again a
pocket clip. $14.48 - Model MA045A1-ST (+2.50)

Also a plastic case which opens on one end, kinda hard to
describe. $9.99 - Model #444 (+2.00)

And yet another, full length click-open case, rectangular,
similar length. Short strap with snap to keep it closed.
Some sort of phony, leather like material covering it. Had
"Foster Grant" on the tag, the one I opened had the same
"Magnivision" glasses inside like all the rest. I think this
one was ~$14.99 too, didn't write it down. I found it the
least appealing.

I found reference to two websites:

http://www.magnivision.com/

http://www.fgxi.com/

The latter (fgxi) seems to be the parent company of
Magnivision and Foster Grant.

They had other power/diopter too. Just noted the ones that
went with model numbers I wrote down.

This eBay page/link has some pictures of them:

http://shop.ebay.com/sis/_W0QQ_kwZMa...sesQ20WQ2fCase

I poked around their website (Magnivision) and couldn't find
any info on these models...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b