Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_2_] Graham.[_2_] is offline

Default 7 RPM Motor wanted

"Man at B&Q" wrote in message
On Jan 28, 10:15 am, wrote:
Anyone know where I can get a battery operated motor that runs about 7
RPM .I can get from Maplins a Glitter Ball one but it runs at only 3
RPM . A microwave motor is around 6 but that's a mains motor and I'd
prefer a battery one if such a beast exists ...if not it looks like a
microwave one will have to do .

Exactly 7 or something close? What sort of quality? What sort of power
output? What sort of speed regulation?

Take a look at Rapid Electronics http://www.rapidonline.com part
number 37-1210. Put "motor" into their search box for more.

How about a stepper and suitable control electronics?

MBQ

Microwave motors are simple synchronous motors and don't
have a latch that stalls them if they try to run in the wrong
direction. Consequently it's 50:50 which way they rotate,
is that a problem in your application?
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%