Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 7 RPM Motor wanted

Anyone know where I can get a battery operated motor that runs about 7
RPM .I can get from Maplins a Glitter Ball one but it runs at only 3
RPM . A microwave motor is around 6 but that's a mains motor and I'd
prefer a battery one if such a beast exists ...if not it looks like a
microwave one will have to do .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 28, 10:15*am, wrote:
Anyone know where I can get a battery operated motor that runs about 7
RPM .I can get from Maplins a Glitter Ball one but it runs at only 3
RPM . A microwave motor is around 6 but that's a mains motor and I'd
prefer a battery one if such a beast exists ...if not it looks like a
microwave one will have to do .

Exactly 7 or something close? What sort of quality? What sort of power
output? What sort of speed regulation?

Take a look at Rapid Electronics http://www.rapidonline.com part
number 37-1210. Put "motor" into their search box for more.

How about a stepper and suitable control electronics?

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 05:24:34 -0800 (PST), "Man at B&Q"
wrote:

On Jan 28, 10:15*am, wrote:
Anyone know where I can get a battery operated motor that runs about 7
RPM .I can get from Maplins a Glitter Ball one but it runs at only 3
RPM . A microwave motor is around 6 but that's a mains motor and I'd
prefer a battery one if such a beast exists ...if not it looks like a
microwave one will have to do .

Exactly 7 or something close? What sort of quality? What sort of power
output? What sort of speed regulation?

Take a look at Rapid Electronics http://www.rapidonline.com part
number 37-1210. Put "motor" into their search box for more.

How about a stepper and suitable control electronics?

MBQ

I should have explained what it is intended for .It's for making my
own fly dryer .7 RPM is the recommended speed so something not much
either side of that would do. It's basically just to drive a round pad
that the flies are placed on and spun to stop varnish and/or epoxy
from sagging while it dries off. Like this one...scroll down to the
last item .... Stonefly one
No need for speed regulation ..just on and off and there will be no
load other than the weight of the pad
http://www.troutcatchers.co.uk/acata...ly_dryers.html
Thx for that link
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Jan 28, 10:15*am, wrote:
Anyone know where I can get a battery operated motor that runs about 7
RPM .I can get from Maplins a Glitter Ball one but it runs at only 3
RPM . A microwave motor is around 6 but that's a mains motor and I'd
prefer a battery one if such a beast exists ...if not it looks like a
microwave one will have to do .

Exactly 7 or something close? What sort of quality? What sort of power
output? What sort of speed regulation?

Take a look at Rapid Electronics http://www.rapidonline.com part
number 37-1210. Put "motor" into their search box for more.

How about a stepper and suitable control electronics?

MBQ

Ah..I see this on which does 5RPM which should do

http://www.rapidonline.com/Electrica...7892/kw/Motors
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Man at B&Q" wrote in message
On Jan 28, 10:15 am, wrote:
Anyone know where I can get a battery operated motor that runs about 7
RPM .I can get from Maplins a Glitter Ball one but it runs at only 3
RPM . A microwave motor is around 6 but that's a mains motor and I'd
prefer a battery one if such a beast exists ...if not it looks like a
microwave one will have to do .

Exactly 7 or something close? What sort of quality? What sort of power
output? What sort of speed regulation?

Take a look at Rapid Electronics http://www.rapidonline.com part
number 37-1210. Put "motor" into their search box for more.

How about a stepper and suitable control electronics?

MBQ

What speed are the one's in central heating valves?: must be skipfulls
chucked out when the contacts burn out but the motor is still fine. But
that would still be mains voltage.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 15:26:18 GMT, "Spamlet"
wrote:

"Man at B&Q" wrote in message
On Jan 28, 10:15 am, wrote:
Anyone know where I can get a battery operated motor that runs about 7
RPM .I can get from Maplins a Glitter Ball one but it runs at only 3
RPM . A microwave motor is around 6 but that's a mains motor and I'd
prefer a battery one if such a beast exists ...if not it looks like a
microwave one will have to do .

Exactly 7 or something close? What sort of quality? What sort of power
output? What sort of speed regulation?

Take a look at Rapid Electronics http://www.rapidonline.com part
number 37-1210. Put "motor" into their search box for more.

How about a stepper and suitable control electronics?

MBQ

What speed are the one's in central heating valves?: must be skipfulls
chucked out when the contacts burn out but the motor is still fine. But
that would still be mains voltage.

Indeed ...I've changed my mind about the mains voltage thingy
.....dunno why I was against them ....Just remembered I have a
microwave that I hardly ever use that I found in the street and the
price when new from Asda was £9 ..lol ... so it might be sacrificed .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Man at B&Q" wrote in message
On Jan 28, 10:15 am, wrote:
Anyone know where I can get a battery operated motor that runs about 7
RPM .I can get from Maplins a Glitter Ball one but it runs at only 3
RPM . A microwave motor is around 6 but that's a mains motor and I'd
prefer a battery one if such a beast exists ...if not it looks like a
microwave one will have to do .

Exactly 7 or something close? What sort of quality? What sort of power
output? What sort of speed regulation?

Take a look at Rapid Electronics http://www.rapidonline.com part
number 37-1210. Put "motor" into their search box for more.

How about a stepper and suitable control electronics?

MBQ

Microwave motors are simple synchronous motors and don't
have a latch that stalls them if they try to run in the wrong
direction. Consequently it's 50:50 which way they rotate,
is that a problem in your application?
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. wrote:
"Man at B&Q" wrote in message
On Jan 28, 10:15 am, wrote:
Anyone know where I can get a battery operated motor that runs about 7
RPM .I can get from Maplins a Glitter Ball one but it runs at only 3
RPM . A microwave motor is around 6 but that's a mains motor and I'd
prefer a battery one if such a beast exists ...if not it looks like a
microwave one will have to do .

Exactly 7 or something close? What sort of quality? What sort of power
output? What sort of speed regulation?

run a 3 rpm one at double the voltage and a bit.

Most of those crappy DC motors will take loads more voltage before the
brushes start skipping.

Our model aircraft use the 3v toothbrush motors on around 10v...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Graham." wrote in message

"Man at B&Q" wrote in message
On Jan 28, 10:15 am, wrote:
[...]

I am going to check my microwave now every time I use it.

Kevin