Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] mkirsch1@rochester.rr.com is offline

Default generators in parallel

On Jan 30, 10:08*am, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:
It is easy to get them in phase and running together. *I have done that many
times at work with 3 phase motor generator sets with 50 horsepower or so
setups. *We have varitable speed equipment that can not be stopped and to
work on the motor generator sets we parallel a spare set long enough to take
the running set off line. *Simplest way is to hook up a voltmeter between
them and when the meter goes to zero *you throw the switch to put them in
parallel. *In simple terms the generators become electric motors and one
will try to drive the other *to the same speed after the electricl
connection is made.

There's a huge difference between two cheap Chinese home generators
and two precision industrial units.