Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default OT Boy taken away from grandparents, given to gay men for adoption

mac davis wrote:
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 11:19:25 -0500, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 13:29:25 -0600, Ignoramus2885
wrote:

Authorities find that grandparents, 46 and 59, are "too old" to
care for their grandson, and handed the young boy a couple of
male
homosexuals instead. Details below.

IMO, it's unusual, but I don't have a problem with it,
personally..
There seems to be a general assumption that being gay means that
you're a child
molester... I don't think gender preference has anything to do
with
predators..

mac

The problem is the taking away from grandparents. If this is a
true
story, it is really sad and the "too old" does not cut it. Courts
should not even be involved in a family matter.

I agree, on the info provided... Hell, I have friends that had kids
in their late 40's and did fine..
the g-parents... Are they healthy, "normal" folks and able to
raise the kid? I'm thinking that more than just age had to be in the
mix.. and how did the g-parents end up with the boy?
Are the parents alive? In prison or something?

According to the newspaper article the mother's a drug addict. The
grandfather has angina, the grandmother is diabetic. The big issue
for me is that the kid for some reason is uncomfortable around men, so
they give her to two men and she has no safe haven. While I can
visualize a Politically Correct objective of socializing the kid or
kill her trying, I can't really see how this was the right decision.

Survival 101--NEVER do anything to get yourself above the Youth
Services radar. The IRS is warm and cuddly by comparison.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)