Posted to rec.woodworking
MikeWhy MikeWhy is offline

Default Can you think of a safer way to cut a tiny piece of wood on a table saw?

wrote in message
On Jan 29, 3:10 pm, Robatoy wrote:

The hook-angle of the teeth might be a little bit of help, but as long
as the rotation stays the same?
Wrong saw for the job. Period.

Just a quibble on this small point....

I don't think it is the wrong tool. I think the application of the
tool is wrong.

He should hold the piece to be cut with the tip of his index finger
(only) and rapidly move the saw into the wood before it can get away
while yelling "JUDO... CHOP!".

Is it the saw that cuts? Or is it the saw causing me to move it so the wood
becomes cut? It is a circle, the no-saw way to cut. It was so in the
beginning. It is so again at the end. The saw does not cut. I cut the wood.
We are one. I have heard the sound of one hand clapping.

(My saw came wrapped in a fitted navy blue tog, emblazoned "Samurai!!!" in
gold ink. The exclamation points weren't really visible, but I know they're
there.)