Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Young Don Young is offline

Default generators in parallel

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
m...
I have two generators rated at 5 KW each. I know how to phase and put the
two in parallel while they are both running. The question is will they
stay in sync and put out 10 kw if needed ?

I know the Honda generators have a parallel cord, but think that is for
the inverter type. The ones I have are made by two differant companies
and just the inexpensive kind that sell for around $ 600 to $ 800 at most
stores.

The generators can be paralled but the governors are not adequate for load
sharing. They will cause uncontrollable surging as both try to control the
speed of the locked together rotors.

Don Young