Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Re-Roof cost

"Mac" wrote in newslbgl.7803$PH1.2853@edtnps82:

I have a 20 sq roof 12/4 pitch with 2 20ft valleys and my own supply
of 3 tab shingles,nails etc. I received a quote of $2000 cash to tear
off the 1 layer and apply the new shingles (they are on the ground
lol) and a layer of #15 tar paper, no drip edges.
The roofer estimates it will take 2 guys 2 days or approx 40 person
hours to complete. This works out to $50 an hour. Does this seem
reasonable? Seems like a steal for the roofer considering his helper
is probably getting $15 an hour and we are in the dead of winter.

Your roof has a 70+ degree slope? I think that's called a steeple. I
wouldn't even just go on it for 2000 bucks.