Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Allodoxaphobia Allodoxaphobia is offline

Default Unbranded valves/tubes

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 15:51:45 -0500, Meat Plow wrote:
On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 14:08:35 -0000, "N_Cook" wrote:

Where would they have come from ? some batch of other double tetrodes and
markings removed ? all Chinese script so scrubbed off ?
4 presumably ECC83 in a Laney (not originals) all test bad C/H leakage and
bad/ low or marginally good gain. Not a trace of any marking , as low power
valves, presumably no marking originally. They look like any other ECC83, no
bad cut metal/ broken mica or any other indication of bad manufacture.

I would say the ink faded away. I have a lot of pulls with little or
no ink.

I once knew a number of ways to 'raise' the lettering in those cases.
Thanks to the ravages of time and the apparent death of important brain
cells, I only remember one:

Cool the tube and fog the surface with your breath.

Others will be along soon to elaborate on their techniques.

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux