Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Surface Moulded Boxes

wrote in message
Distorted Vision wrote:
I'm in the process of replacing some of the switches and surface
moulded boxes in our house for cosmetic reasons. Some of the switches
are really dirty, scratched etc and some the moulded surface boxes are
cracked etc.

Anyway I have a question and I know its going to sound really stupid
to alot of you. But what is the best of breaking the knockouts on the
moulded boxes to ensure clean straight edges. The first one I tried I
used a pair of plier but it was a bit of a mess - good job they are so
cheap.
Am I missing something here. Is there a recommended way.

Many thanks!

Sounds like you could save yourself a lot of work here. Take all the
accessories off, temporarily making the wires safe, and run em all
through the dishwasher. Give them all a full week in a warm dry room
to dry out, and they'll all be ready to refit, as clean as new. You
might want to insulation check them for peace of mind - the success
record is extremely good.

NT

As the plastic is not porous why should they need such extensive drying?