Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_9_] SteveB[_9_] is offline

Default In Honor of Don Foreman's successful defib implant...

"Michael Koblic" wrote in message

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message

I had an SO with a "valve job". When it was quiet, I could hear
her heart "clicking". Could tell to some degree her mental state,
as much as it was reflected in her pulse. But the times when I would
have liked to know, things were usually too noisy to hear that little
clicking sound. Sigh.

Clicking is good! When the clicking stops...not so good.

Some of the implantable defibrillators are equipped with a high pitched
tone activated by certain circumstances. It is amusing to watch hospital
staff freak out at the high pitched tone emanating from patient's chest
(if you have never encountered it can be a bit unnerving).

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

At times when a new nurse, doctor, or other medical person is listening to
my heart, I like to watch their eyes. They don't look at my eyes, but I'm
watching theirs. Some look, then look away, some look puzzled, look back
and forth. I can tell the ones that are getting rattled, and when they see
I am looking them in the eyes, they look away quickly like, "Aw, ****!"
Then I tell them what it is. Some of the neophytes are really a little
shaken. The old timers always look right up at you after about two seconds.

Steve

Steve