Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default Shop Lighting opinions

"Tanus" wrote in message
I don't want to enter into that particular fray. I just have another
feel-good Lee Valley story.

I have one too, just this past weekend. I went to Lee Valley's downtown
Toronto store. It's up a flight of ten stairs, but there's an elevator
there. Went into the store, did my shopping and went to leave only to find
that an elevator serviceman had taken it out of service. I use a wheelchair.
???

One of their salesmen Bob, helped me go out the back entrance and struggled
valiantly helping me get down the steep ramp at the shipping dock. Being the
dirty ice and snow covered driveway it was, he had to drag me and my chair
out backwards carefully avoiding all obstacles and all the way around to the
lobby at the front of the building.

But, it doesn't end there. One of the items I bought was defective and since
I needed a replacement as soon as possible, I went back Saturday, the next
day. In case the elevator was still out of service (and it was since I
phoned first) I figured I could have a sales person to come downstairs just
to exchange the item and I'd on my way.

That salesman was Bob. During the course of the next forty-five minutes, he
helped me find an alternative for the defective item I'd originally bought
and must have run up and down those stairs over a dozen times.

More than just a friendly group of customer service agents on the phone or
by email, the salespeople are of the same calibre, willing to go thoroughly
out of their way to help you out. I don't know if Leonard and now Robin
select their staff particularly for their customer service qualities, but if
they did, then they succeeded admirably.

Kudos to Lee Valley and Bob.

David Moore