Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] boyntonstu@gmail.com is offline

Default Sears 10" Upside Down Radial Arm Saw cutting tiny piece of wood.

On Jan 25, 11:27*pm, "Martin H. Eastburn"
wrote:
Does look interesting.

I'd use ball bearing heavy drawer slides. *Ease of slide and hold a line.
Martin

wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwzWDLnuxCs

I thought of this solution to safely cut small pieces on my RAS.

I never saw anything like it and some may find it interesting.

Come on over and try the slide table, I believe that you would like
its feel.

It is steady with no side to side wiggle and it is very smooth..

It can cut and hold an accurate line time and time again.

As a RAS it was not satisfactory, and that inspired me to do the mod.

Incidentally, notice the saw table beneath the slide table.

I rip using a fence when I remove the slide table.

See the 2 previous videos.