Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Eyeglasses (was Who has done more damage to RCM)

"F. George McDuffee" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 20:40:44 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:
snip
OK, I tried (just for the experiment) moving my chair down, so I'm viewing
through the upper lenses. That's not bad, but they're focused just a bit
too
far. I know that the bottom lenses focus too closely.

snip
------------
Real cheap screw solution. Go to Walmart or Dollar General and
get a set of reading classes with the correct focal length for
your computer glasses. Should run 5 to 10$ US. You may find you
want/need several pairs in slightly different focal lengths as
the day progresses and your eyes get tired. Yellow tinted can
also help.

Yeah, that's what I have, George. And that's what I'll probably continue to
use for long stints at the computer. I was hoping my new glasses would cover
everything, but I think I'm asking too much. One happy surprise is that it
really improves my sight picture with handguns, because the distance-viewing
lens now extends my depth of field in the close direction enough to see the
front sights sharply. I haven't been able to see the front sight *and* the
target well for close to 30 years.

Maybe I'll even try an iron-sight rifle again.

But reading and driving are great. And they haven't caused me any trouble
with distance perception. At least, I haven't fallen down so far. g

--
Ed Huntress