Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hilti TE22 Hammer Drill

In article ,
Jason wrote:
I have just been given one of these drills, and by coincidence need to
drill a 150mm core for a bathroom extractor fan.

Now, the drill is 110V, so I would need a transformer. I also have no
manual (and cannot find one for download), so I don't even know what
kind of drill bits it takes. Does anyone here know whether it is SDS or
SDS Plus? The hole in the end of the chuck is exactly 10mm, and that is
all I know.

I have the option of spending £25 for a core cutter for the weekend, or
spending a little more to get a decent drill I can keep for future jobs.
Is it worth purchasing a transformer for this drill, or is it so old now
that I drill bits would be hard to obtain.

TLC charge 40 quid for a proper site transformer - and for that you could
get a chunky SDS mains drill which takes standard bits. If it's only for
occasional heavy use.

IMHO the problem with most of these cheap SDS drills is not the
performance but the excessive weight - if you're using one for wall
chasing etc you really need a 2 Kg type, and these smaller ones tend to be
much more expensive.

--
*A journey of a thousand sites begins with a single click *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.