Posted to uk.d-i-y
RW[_4_] RW[_4_] is offline

Default Hilti TE22 Hammer Drill

"Jason" wrote in message
I have just been given one of these drills, and by coincidence need to
drill a
150mm core for a bathroom extractor fan.

Now, the drill is 110V, so I would need a transformer. I also have no
manual
(and cannot find one for download), so I don't even know what kind of
drill bits
it takes. Does anyone here know whether it is SDS or SDS Plus? The hole in
the
end of the chuck is exactly 10mm, and that is all I know.

I have the option of spending £25 for a core cutter for the weekend, or
spending
a little more to get a decent drill I can keep for future jobs. Is it
worth
purchasing a transformer for this drill, or is it so old now that I drill
bits
would be hard to obtain.

If anyone has a manual they could scan, that would be most appreciated.

IIRC Hilti use their own proprietery bit design, so SDS and plus may not
fit.
Take it to a hire shop and try some bits.

http://www.hilti.co.uk/holuk/modules...tentOID=162850