Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jason Jason is offline

Default WiFi internet connection problem

dividby0 wrote:
Hi

I've rented an apartment. There's a wireless internet connection using
Belkin Wireless G router.

The land lord has provided a

userid (landlord's name)
password (some jibberish)
and a passphrase (numeric, length=8)

I'm from India and there we only use a passphrase to connect to an
available wifi network. No other userid or password.

Land lord's not available. It's been two days, and I've not been able
to figure out what to do. I'm using MS Vista as operating system

If you only ever have used the pass-phrase, then only use the pass-phrase. The
other details are probably for getting into the router and reconfiguring it
(which you *may* have to do if it is locked onto MAC addresses, i.e. will only
respond to specific pre-defined network cards).

-- Jason