Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default In Honor of Don Foreman's successful defib implant...

"AL A" wrote in message

In order to observe and celebrate the positive outcome of Don's recent
medical procedures, I would like to share a little project that I
completed a recently. (Drum roll, please....)Presenting the amazing,
one-of-a-kind..........

.....DEFIBRILLATOR COFFEE TABLE!!!!!!:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...d/IMG_2622.jpg

That is a real, but old defib machine. It was actually working* when I
got it out of an old barn, where it had been stored for many years for
some reason.

The legs are textile loom spindles. The only "metalworking" involved was
that I made the little brass feet at the bottom of the spindles. They are
threaded, and there is 3/8-16 all-thread rod up the middle of the spindles
into the bottom of the unit. According to my son-in-law (who is a graphic
artist) it has a "steampunk" look to it.

That's great. It's funny you should mention steampunk -- as I've followed
Don's adventures I've been thinking that a weldor and metalworker's implant
should be done steampunk style, with copper plumbing and maybe a carbide
lamp, with old-time analog guages and a spinning-ball governor on top,
felt-wick oilers with spring-loaded caps, and a brass box on the side to
hold the white lead and whetstone. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress