Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug White Doug White is offline

Default CDCO is cheaper than Enco

On Jan 23, 5:13=A0pm, Wes wrote:
" wrote:
The tool holders for the lathe are so cheap, I can buy more and have
more tools ready to put on the lathe in a moment.
http://www.cdcotools.com/index.php

Now the AXA series tool holders seem to be pretty good. =A0I have quite a=

few. =A0Lathe came
with a real Aloris tool post and CDCO's fit it fine. =A0I did get one =A0=

that required a bit
more rotation of the locking lever but still usable.

The tool holders are what got me started there.
My brother's shop and mine both soak up lathe tool holders at the CDCO
price.

Any idea how hard they are? I occasionally need to modify them, and the
real McCoy are at least case hardened. The most common thing is that I
need to knock ~50 mils off the bottom to use 1/2" tooling because my
compound is just a bit high. I've found the Phase II holders are easier
to machine, but the CDCO's are even cheaper.

Doug White