Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default OT Implant done

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 09:28:11 -0800, "Leo Lichtman"
wrote:

"SteveB" wrote: My sis wore one for a good while before her LVA and
transplant. She spoke
of two incidents, one while driving, and one while flyfishing. She said
both were not good days.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What happens when you get kicked in the chest by a horse while driving?
Isn't this hazardous to the health of everyone near you on the road?

Probably so. That said, probably less so than if a driver who needs a
kick doesn't get it, e.g. obese, never-exercising, artery-clogged old
smokers that are heart attacks waiting to happen with no on-board
remediation means. With no supporting data, I'd guess that there are
considerably more of those extant than there are posessors of ICD's.

The safest road isn't necessarily the one with no one else on it.
That's certainly true when you're the one with a problem you were't
prepared for.

In the UK they have magnetized signs for cars and motorcycles with
big red L's on them to identify Learners. That's a great idea.
Perhaps we should have big red signs saying ICD, inferring that other
drivers should be particularly attentive and stay well clear. Man,
I'd love that! That'd be like driving an APV in rushhour traffic.